Licensed Practical Nurse II
Request/Posting Number 0712198
Classification Title Licensed Practical Nurse II
Working Title Creating pool of applicants
Job Class # 002736
Type of Position Civil Service
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100
Representation: AFSCME Local 3236
Department Health Services - 02540000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The primary purpose of the LPN II is to enhance the educational process through assisting and collaborating with the healthcare providers promoting wellness in treating illness and promoting an optimal level of function in accordance with accepted standards of nursing practice and the policies, procedures, and protocols of the Nursing Department and Student Health Service.
Required Qualifications 1. Possession of a valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued in Illinois.
2. Six (6) months of nursing experience in a health care facility (such as a hospital, nursing home, medical clinic, prison, mental health facility, or closely related facilities).
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Graduation from high school and an approved school of practical nursing.
2. Must have technical-manual dexterity.
3. Knowledge of aseptic technique.
4. Legible and accurate clerical skills.
5. Good judgment, knowledge, and level of maturity.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Flexibility and ability to rotate among clinics.
8. Ability to perform all aspects of the LPN role in a judicious, systematic manner to decrease any chance of error.
9. Demonstration of an aptitude to work in college health setting.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Licensed in the State of Illinois as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Hiring Rate/Range $18.99-$22.30 per hour
Work Hours Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Proposed Starting Date: August 2019
Posting date 06-26-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants **This job posting is intended to create a pool of qualified candidates for a permanent position. Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application status.
For full consideration, the application and all supplemental information must be submitted on-line. Please complete the entire employment application including the education and work history background. Please do not put "see resume" in the duties and responsibilities section of the work history. This will be considered an incomplete application and incomplete applications will not be considered. The employment application (not resume/cover letter) will be reviewed to determine if applicant meets minimum qualifications. Please be complete in the duties and responsibilities section for each position listed.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a resume, and reference list (at least three professional references and contact information) to attach to this application.
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
Other documentation such as the LPN license and college transcripts (may be unofficial) must also be uploaded prior to the deadline date in order to be considered and receive the maximum eligible points on the civil service exam.
DD214 paperwork must be faxed, mailed, or delivered to Human Resources prior to the deadline of the posting in order to receive the maximum eligible points:
Fax: 309.438.7421, Attn: Brandy O'Grady
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
This position is represented by AFSCME Local 3236.
This is a 12 month position, subject to academic break lay-off (such as spring break, summer break).
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Brandy O'Grady
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test 2736-Licensed Practical Nurse II
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to work quickly and accurately in order to maintain an organized patient flow through the office.
2. Ability to stand, walk, and/or kneel for long periods, ability to sit, hear, see, write, speak, and ability to use computers.
3. Ability to distinguish colors on a monitor.
4. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small objects.