Adjunct Classroom Instructor - Radiology Technology
Posting DetailsPosting Number9001116TitleAdjunct Classroom Instructor - Radiology TechnologyPosition TypeAdjunct FacultyDepartmentRadiology TechnologyJob Summary
The purpose of this position is teaching, supervising, and evaluating NCTC Radiologic Technology students in classroom and laboratory setting. This is an adjunct position with a maximum 19 hours per week including 2 hours on campus for regular office hours.
This position carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of North Central Texas College in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment while embracing positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to our students and employees.
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course and program objectives and to contribute to the overall educational environment of the college and community and to provide related services such as academic advising, committee participation, professional development, community development as well as other service support that is needed in the fulfillment of the North Central Texas College’s Mission.
• Teaching, supervising, and evaluating NCTC Radiologic Technology students in classroom and laboratory setting.
• Treats students and colleagues with respect.
• Active involvement in issues of institutional effectiveness including student learning outcomes, program level outcomes, and marketable skill achievement.
• Focuses on teaching and outreach efforts on student success.
Responsibilities & Duties
1. Fulfill the obligations of adjunct faculty as set forth in the personal contract.
a) Keeps the Chair of Allied Health and Lead Radiologic Technology Faculty informed.
b) Collaborates with faculty on course loads and teaching assignments
c) Observes student skill demonstrations.
d) Track, grade and submit student grades in a timely order
e) Instructs, critiques and evaluates students’ classroom and laboratory performance.
3. Faculty Affairs:
a) Attends level meetings.
b) Attends college sponsored professional development events
4. Student Affairs:
a) Communicates with students and provide feedback in a timely manner
b) Instructs, critiques and evaluates students’ performance.
Subject to criminal background check. Cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts required in addition to application. Assignment will be on the Gainesville campus but travel to other NCTC campus as needed may be required. Regular office hours are Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-noon. Summer office hours are Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm and off on Fridays. However, hours may need to be adjusted to best meet the needs of the department.Required Education
R.T. ( R ), ARRT and current MRT Texas LicenseRequired Skills & Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Above average computer skills.
• Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
• Microsoft Office proficient.
• Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
• Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
Current R.T.® with at least 3 years of relevant clinical experience requiredPreferred Experience
Higher education instruction preferred.Posting Date05/21/2019Closing DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.LocationGainesvilleSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NCTC website
- Employee Referral
- Workforce Solutions- Texoma
- Hispanics In Academia
- Chamber of Commerce
- Work in Texas
- Diversity & Inclusion Email
- Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education
- VIP Position - HigherEdJobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed
- Cover Letter
- Professional License
- Unofficial Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae