DescriptionThe Advancement operation provides the management and coordination of the back office functions to support the campus-based fundraising field staff. These include research, marketing and communications, gift processing, data base management, estate gift planning, and other services. These central services produce economies of scale by eliminating the need for these back office functions to be duplicated on each of the four campuses. They also place the institution in an optimal position to attract substantial support from the philanthropic sector.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst reports to the Director of Reporting and is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and support to campus partners for their business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. Responding to requests submitted through the centralized report/data queue, the Data Analyst will work closely with clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. The BI Analyst is tasked with maintaining, enhancing, and creating enterprise and application level reports using Business Intelligence tools. . This position needs to have a balance between technical and customer service skills. A successful candidate will have a healthy appetite for challenging the status quo, looking beyond the obvious, and has great experience influencing change across a distributed system. The BI Analyst is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Data Analysis and Reporting – 50%
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive a data mart/data model design and configuration.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all standard and customized report requirements.
- Monitor, analyze, test, and correct existing reports. Identify, propose, and implement processes for improving reliability and efficiency in an evolving reporting environment.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and data analysis projects as needed.
- Actively participate as a member of the team in project initiatives and decision-making opportunities.
- Confer with clients to determine specifications for data requests, project design, and reporting needs.
- Work closely with clients to design, test, create, and implement new reporting/dashboard solutions including complex reports with drill down, drill through, and parameterize functionality.
- Collaborate with clients to translate reports into actionable objectives and deliverables.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training of end users and technical support staff in use of internal and external reporting technologies.
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of data management and reporting processes
- Ability to utilize:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PL/SQL Developer
- FTP software
- Ellucian Higher Education Advance applications
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, complex environment to meet personal and team goals
- Ability to provide technical assistance to stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to manage multiple projects, follow-up, bring projects to completion and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and their application environment
- Expert interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate technical information to non-technical users
- Strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
Salary: The salary for this role has been established at $60,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more perks and programs.
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted with professional experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Two (2) years of business intelligence report experience with demonstrated proficiency in using BI reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Decision Sciences, Statistics, Information Systems, or other related field of study.
- Experience with similar work in a higher-education and/or advancement setting
- Experience using Ellucian Advance or other higher education constituent database software
- Experience with Cognos
- Experience with CRM software (such as Salesforce)
- Significant level of knowledge and competency working with relational databases in an Oracle client/server environment
- Proficiency with SQL and writing queries against complex database structures
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling concepts
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Jun 28, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing