Coordinator for Spiritual Life and Interfaith Engagement
Coordinator for Spiritual Life and Interfaith EngagementUniversity Chaplain’s Office
This full-time, 10-month position supports the University Chaplain’s Office in celebrating religious and worldview diversity on campus. Mentor student interfaith leaders; oversees interfaith programming that meets the needs and addresses the interest of a diverse campus population; and contributes to the overall development of individuals and the campus community. Works collaboratively with faculty and staff on campus initiatives related to worldview diversity and social justice. This position is funded for 2 years and will be re-evaluated after the initial period.
- Creates, plans, organizes and implements Evelyn Chapel student programming including several signature programs
- Supervises the Multifaith Ambassador Program, a student leadership development program. This includes recruiting, selecting and training peer leaders for complex faith discussions and leadership.
- Plans, organizes and implements an Annual Spring Break service trip and a Fall Break interfaith trip. This includes site selection, travel management, educational reflection, student selection and preparedness.
- Coordinates Council on Religious Life and serves on University Council on Diversity; serves on the Community Engagement Roundtable; and participates in relevant community initiatives including The McLean County Interfaith Alliance.
- Assists in the daily operation of Evelyn Chapel.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Please include a statement on your ethic of interfaith cooperation. In addition, please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. The University is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion. Feel free to share any opportunities you have had in collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. All applicant materials must be received no later than Wednesday, July 17th. Send to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
209 Holmes Hall
1312 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax 309-556-1710, (please include coversheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.htmlIllinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed Diversity and Inclusive Excellence; details at https://www.iwu.edu/diversity/