The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Instructor, Accounting, Foothill College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
The primary responsibility of an Accounting Instructor is to teach a variety of college-level courses that fulfill either general education requirements, CPA requirements or an Associate of Arts degree in Accounting. Provide classroom instruction in accordance with established course outline of records.
Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, service on district and/or college committees, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
1. Indoor, office environment and online.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
1. Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
2. Vision sufficient to read various materials.
3. Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
4. Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
5. Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
6. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
7. Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master's degree in accountancy or business administration with account concentration OR Bachelor's degree in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND Master's degree in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance OR the equivalent. (NOTE: A Bachelor's degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline)
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or related professional certification.
2. Tax experience and/or Master's degree in Taxation or Business Taxation or JD with LLM in the area of tax law.
3. Knowledge, ability, and enthusiasm to teach upper and lower-division accounting courses.
4. Successful experience teaching students of ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds at the community college level.
5. Experience teaching accounting courses online.
6. Experience in MIS, cloud computing and/or knowledge of ERP systems and small business applications such as QuickBooks and Excel.
7. Experience or familiarity with using information technology to enhance accounting practices.
8. Ability to use various teaching methods that a) engage students in their own learning, including outcomes that motivate students to develop higher-order thinking skills, and b) ensure consistent and appropriate monitoring of student progress.
9. Initiative and ability to develop courses, degrees and certificate programs.
10. Commitment to the mission of the community college and its philosophy of education.
11. Demonstrated enthusiasm and interest in working cooperatively with colleagues in multiple departments and in serving on college committees in a shared governance organization.
12. Demonstrated collaboration with business and community partners.
1. A District on-line application to be completed at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=FHDA&cws=42&rid=3676
*In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
2. A cover letter detailing your background and experience, skills, and abilities as they relate to the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not otherwise meet minimum qualifications via educational degree attainment as specified), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application packet. Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” webpage to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
HIRING RANGE: $57,066.00 - $93,722.00 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience. NOTE: The salary advertised with this position is based on the 2017-2018 salary schedule. Effective July 1,2018 through June 30, 2019, the position will receive an additional temporary 5% increase. On July 1, 2019 salaries will revert to the 2017-2018 salary schedule unless another agreement is reached.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Other voluntary benefits are also available such as legal assistance, pet insurance, and long-term care. Faculty are also eligible for paid professional development leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track, 10-months per year
STARTING DATE: Fall 2019
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
Email: [email protected]
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency