Director, Tutoring & Supplemental Support Services
Delaware County Community College, a competency-based institution, committed to diversity invites applications for a Director of Tutoring & Supplemental Support Services in our Learning Commons.
The Director of Tutoring & Supplemental Support Services (DTSSS) will provide vision and leadership in the development and implementation of innovative strategies for the enhancement of student learning and the expansion of college learning support services. The DTSSS will work with tutors to provide support services including general tutoring, embedded tutoring, peer tutoring, and supplemental instruction for all attending students of Delaware County Community College.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Ensures consistency in procedures and services college-wide to ensure high quality academic support in order to improve retention and graduation rates;
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises, and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel;
- Staffs and manages academic tutoring labs college-wide;
- Develops and implements a tracking and assessment system for student use of support services;
- Develops and implements regular training and workshops for academic support services employees.
- Collaborates with data management constituencies at the college such Institutional Effectiveness to provide student usage data needed for student success tracking and correlation;
- Collaborates with full-time faculty, directors of targeted programs, and student population to provide academic support;
- Implements a comprehensive academic and study skills workshops series college-wide;
- Serves as liaison to foster communication between faculty members and tutors to ensure that the needs of students are being met;
- Coordinates with Academic Deans to provide specialized services to groups of students;
- Promotes college-wide the use of online tutoring by providing training and information sessions in classrooms, with tutors, and with Learning Commons staff;
- Works closely with Branch Campuses directors and learning commons supervisors to ensure that tutoring and supplement support services are available at all sites;
- Coordinates with Learning Commons staff to ensure the provision of student support;
- Coordinates the collaboration between librarians and writing services professional tutors;
- Promotes Tutoring and Supplemental Support Services to the College Community;
- Serves as the primary contact for tutoring referrals as part of the early alert and intervention program;
- Coordinates, monitor, and analyze data to prepare reports of services provided to students;
- Develops and monitor the Tutoring and Supplement Support Services budget;
- Oversees payroll of Tutoring and Supplemental Support Services staff; and
- Performs other duties as assigned..\
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Earned Master's Degree from an accredited institution
- Five years administrative experience in instruction, instructional design, educational technology, academic support services, or related student support programs.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with academic support center pedagogy and research
- Commitment to the community college philosophy of education;
- Strong administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and fiscal reporting.
- Ability to implement innovation in education support processes.
- Commitment to and support of a diverse community.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Pennsylvania Act 153 Clearances
Applicants are required to either present to human resources current and valid PA Act 153 clearances or be able to obtain them expediently.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.