Fitness Trainer/Group Exercise Instructor - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Fitness Trainer/Group Exercise Instructor - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:08/25/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for knowledgeable, energetic students interested in promoting fitness on campus in the positions of Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers. Rec Sports offers a healthy, friendly work environment able to accommodate student schedules. Continued opportunities for professional development and real-world work experience in the health and wellness field.
Rec Sports understands as a student this may be the first opportunity after certification and wants to be able to help coach and train our workers to gain professional knowledge in the field, help train and coach in specific exercise formats, and grow personal training skills.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will be responsible for:
- Creating and delivering fitness classes to 2-40 participants.
- Train 1:1 and small group settings with a variety of ages, and skill levels of both students, staff.
- Encourage and motivate participants before, during and after workouts to ensure the safety of participants by providing appropriate modifications and progressions for exercises.
- Required to hold a nationally accredited certification for general group exercise or in specific area of training (i.e. zumba/pilates/yoga), or a completed personal training certification.
- Intermediate knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics needed. Must teach and assist participants 18 years and up of varied fitness levels.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Required to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED training through American Red Cross within 1 month of employment.
- Teaching and training experience is preferred.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.