Lecturer in Spanish (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Lecturer in Spanish (Fall 2019) Position Number:10044314 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The Department of Spanish at the University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a full-time limited term faculty in Spanish at the Gainesville Campus for AY2019/2020.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for teaching four (4) undergraduate Spanish language/culture courses per semester.
- Teaching schedule may include assignments on other campuses, evening or on-line classes, and coordinating or teaching intensive immersion courses and programs.
- Master’s degree in Spanish Language, Literature, Linguistics, or Foreign Language Education (Language Pedagogy) with an emphasis in Spanish or closely related field at the time of appointment, or Ph.D.
- Experience teaching Spanish at the university level
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English
- Ability to work collaboratively with all campus constituencies
- Familiarity and adaptability to use of teaching technology.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Please submit a Link for teaching sample video. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.