Limited Term Faculty - Japanese (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Limited Term Faculty - Japanese (Fall 2019) Position Number:21000020 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Multi-Campus General Summary:
The Department of Modern and Classical Languages at the University of North Georgia invites applicants for a Full-time Limited Term position (with benefits) in Japanese on the Dahlonega and Gainesville campuses.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach four (4) undergraduate Japanese courses per semester, serve the department, the College of Arts and Letters, and the university.
- Teaching schedules may include assignments on one or both campuses, evening or on-line classes.
- Master’s degree in Japanese Language, Literature, Linguistics or Foreign Language Education (Language Pedagogy) with an emphasis in Japanese or closely related field at the time of appointment.
- Experience teaching Japanese at the university level
- Native or near-native proficiency in Japanese
- Ability to work collaboratively with all campus constituencies.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.