Limited Term Faculty – Studio Art Foundations and Art Appreciation (Internal Candidates only)...
Position Title:Limited Term Faculty – Studio Art Foundations and Art Appreciation (Internal Candidates only) Fall 2019 Position Number:10060390 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Multi-Campus General Summary:
The Department of Visual Arts at the University of North Georgia, invites applications for a full-time Limited Term Instructor in Studio Art Foundations and Art Appreciation.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful applicant will teach Drawing, 2-D Design/Color Theory, and 3-D Design, and Art Appreciation as needed.
- Other duties include holding office hours, attending department meetings, and maintaining appropriate class records.
- The successful candidate must be willing to teach face-to-face courses on the Dahlonega, Gainesville, and/or Oconee campuses (course scheduling would take into account the time and distance involved).
- Master of Fine Arts Degree in Art with a minimum of 18 semester (27 quarter) hours of graduate course work is required.
- Minimum of two years college-level teaching experience required.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Please include links to on-line portfolios of work by candidate and students Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.