Part-time Coordinator, Parent & Family Giving
The Part-Time Parent & Family Giving Coordinator provides high-level support for the Office of Parent & Family Giving (PFG). The Coordinator provides support for the fundraising efforts of the front-line staff, as well as meeting planning and preparation, coordination with the advancement events and stewardship teams, and various administrative responsibilities.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Support the Executive Director in conducting prospect / donor outreach and follow up
- Manage stock of printed materials required for donor visits
- Partner with the vice chancellors staff to prioritize top parent visits as part of leadership travel planning
Parent Leadership Council Support
- Track PLC vetting and invitations throughout the year
- Maintain PLC membership list, track giving commitments and collections
- Coordinate logistics for PLC meetings (drafting agenda, managing RSVPs, printing materials, booking space and catering, lining up guests, coordinating VIP experiences, etc.)
- Attend PLC meetings to take the minutes and manage follow-up tasks
Communications & Experiences
- Draft/coordinate correspondence on behalf of Advancement / PFG leadership as well as PLC Chairs.
- Coordinate the timely execution of tasks related to PFG events - this will include deep partnership with Advancement Events
- Coordinate the timely execution of tasks related to gift acknowledgements, donor gifts, event giveaways, birthday greetings, annual report, and top donor reports - this will include deep partnership with Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Maintain the general Family Giving email account by providing timely and accurate correspondence and follow up to constituents.
- Prepare all leadership briefings and bios related to PFG events and meetings
- Coordinate and order DU-branded items to support events or stewardship touches in line with University standards.
Data Management and Administrative
- Manage all aspects of data related to incoming students, student standing, and graduation
- Ensure regular Piosphere updates related to tier ratings, cohort codes, and outreach contact reports
- Provide support for leadership updates on top parents as needed
- Participate in enhanced research for the incoming cohort
- Participate in annual presentations to advancement colleagues
- Prepare travel itineraries and expense reports for the Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills
- Knowledge of database software and online communications platforms as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Customer service centric mindset; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change as well as work with diverse audiences
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a group
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all donor, alumni, parent, student, and faculty information
- Ability to contribute to team success and model "One DU" leadership
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 year of professional administrative experience in a non-profit, sales, or education setting.
- Bachelors degree.
- Experience working at a University or non-profit in a fundraising or engagement capacity.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Publisher and InDesign.
- Part-time, 20 hours per week, varies.
- Occasional evenings and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) July 5, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The pay for this position is $18.00-$20.00 hourly
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.