Student Assistant - CDAC Peer Career Ambassador
Position Title:Student Assistant - CDAC Peer Career Ambassador Job Category:Student Department:Career Development/Advisement - 6510330 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The CDAC Peer Career Ambassadors are undergraduate students who:
· Model the role that applied work can play in a student’s education,
· Support the effective and efficient operation of the CDAC,
· Provide experiences that a student can use on his or her resume in pursuit of specific career.
A Peer Career Ambassadorship is for one academic year and renewable for additional years. An application process is required. A student must submit a resume and cover letter and must progress through an interview process. Peer Career Ambassadors are hired in the spring semester prior to the academic year or in the fall semester of the academic year.
Each Career Ambassador reports to one of the CDAC professional staff members.
Each Peer Career Ambassadors:
- Has a specialty (as described below)
- Provides resume and cover letter review, mock interviews, general advice as a peer.
- Serves as the personal liaison between CDAC and student organizations, classes and other student entities to promote the initiatives of CDAC.
- Supports the overall work of the CDAC in whatever way necessary.
- Participates in required training.
- Works 19 per week; specific hours set each semester.
- Engages in professional behavior both in dress and actions.
- Completes assignments on time.
- Participates in weekly CDAC staff meeting.
Minimum: Minimum of 6 credit hours. Student in good standing at GGC
Preferred: experience in one or more of the following: peer advising, event planning, marketing, social mediaPosition Disclosure:
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Works 19 per week; specific hours set each semester. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt