Federal Work Study - Honors Program
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Honors Program Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
Student assistants to the Honors Program work with the director to design, maintain and expand Program communications with members, the GGC campus, and the broader community, via multiple means including email, websites, social media, and print mediums. You also will assist the director with Program marketing and recruitment and act as an ambassador for the Program at functions and events on and off campus. Further duties will include assisting with event/programming planning, coordination, communication, execution, and assessment. Additional tasks will include assisting with reports, file maintenance, mailing letters, making copies, faxing documents, data entry, making phone calls, and special projects as needed.
- Assisting with planning, coordination, communications, and execution of Honors Program event programming.
- Maintaining Honors Program social media and news, including development of content.
- Assisting with Program communications to members and potential members.
- Working with Program director on tasks associated with Program outreach and marketing on campus and in the community, including development of marketing materials. Assisting with reports, file maintenance, mailing letters, making copies, faxing documents, data entry, making phone calls, and special projects as needed.
- Must have a Federal Work-Study award and be in good academic standing, must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and be able to handle confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, research and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must also have strong familiarity with and experience using D2L/BrightSpace; Get Involved; social media and online venues such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, WordPress; and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, including calendar functions.
- Self-directed learning, dependability, and the ability to work independently also are needed.
- Overall GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Deep familiarity and extensive, sustained engagement with the GGC Honors Program and its mission, members, requirements, expectations, and programming.
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite of tools is a plus.
- Willingness to adapt to change and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment are highly encouraged.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:No more than 19 hours per week. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt