Job Req ID: 15153
Reporting to the Instructional Design Manager, this position will provide instructional design, development, and evaluation services to faculty with technology-enhanced instruction that will promote learning technologies for online, blended and face-to-face courses. The candidate will assess instructional design and development learning opportunities/needs and provide individual training and coaching for faculty to meet those needs. The candidate will contribute to faculty development workshops and support residencies that promote teaching, learning, and assessment in areas related to learning strategies, instructional technology, and student learning outcomes. The Instructional Designer will join a team that works collaboratively to support the teaching and learning mission of the University.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of instructional materials that are functional, informative, and consistent with sound pedagogical and instructional design principles.
- Collaborate and consult with faculty on the effective use of Web-based resources, multimedia technologies, and instructional software and systems to improve teaching both online and on-campus.
- Serve as project manager leading teams with web developers, technical writers, multimedia specialists, graphic illustrators for the timely development of courses or special projects.
- Evaluate the instructional effectiveness of programs, courses, and training products.
- Plan, develop and teach faculty and staff workshops and other activities that will promote teaching, learning, and assessment in areas related to learning strategies, instructional technology, and student learning outcomes.
- Conduct individual training and coaching for faculty to meet instructional design and development learning opportunities and needs.
- Research and evaluate new and emerging technologies, instructional design theories, and approaches and policies for potential application to instructional opportunities.
- Create and maintain documentation for faculty and staff on pedagogy, course design, tools and techniques for teaching and learning.
- Collaborate and consult with other distance education and instructional technology staff at Johns Hopkins and other universities.
- Bachelor's degree in educational technology, instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum design, or other related discipline is required.
- Three (3) years of professional experience designing, developing, and managing online, blended or other technology-mediated instruction.
Advanced degree may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the
JHU Equivalency Formula:
Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented team player who is capable of participating in collaborative instructional development processes and activities, is able to work independently, and has strong intellectual and analytical skills.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in all instructional design processes: needs assessments, design, development, teaching, implementation, and evaluation/assessment, including developing rubrics.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community
- Experience with training, staff development, and teaching
- Ability to interpret client needs and Commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Effective negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to solve problems in enterprising and proactive ways
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Classified Title: Instructional Designer
Working Title: Instructional Designer
Starting Salary Range: $60,342 – $83,034 / Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5:00p / 37.5 hours per week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001014-Center for Teaching and Learning
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Public Health - East Baltimore Campus
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency