Finance Customer Service Representative - Tufts Support Services
DescriptionThe Support Services organization delivers administrative and transactional services to schools and central units across the university’s three campuses. Activities that are common across the many central divisions and schools have been consolidated, allowing expert teams to provide exemplary support to faculty and staff. Support Services operates under a governance model that includes service level agreements and corresponding metrics. Tufts Support Services is customer-focused and strives for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction. The Finance Customer Service Representative provides information and resolution for Finance requests and inquiries received via phone calls, emails, voicemails, walk in service and web forms. The representative is the first point of resolution, acting according to established, standard protocols. Salesforce is used as the university’s constituent relationship management (CRM) tool, to manage cases and inquiries through close, communicating status, progress, next steps, and resolution to the community member. Representatives contribute to the Salesforce knowledge base and update as necessary, maintaining accurate information, policies, and processes that are compliant and reflect current practices. In addition to direct problem resolution, representatives walk customers through the use of self-service tools, and escalate complex issues to Support Services Tier 2, or to the appropriate Finance staff in central Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer focused role, preferably in a financial services function.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- 2 years’ experience entering data and looking up fields in PeopleSoft or other information systems.
- Able to respond effectively to inquiries both in person and over the phone, following established guidelines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service orientation and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for using technology and ability to learn and use CRM and/or other technologies.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, problem-solve and research thoroughly, contribute to peer learning and collaborate in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in a support center environment.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: Tufts Support Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jun 26, 2019, 6:38:07 AM