Director, Counseling Center
The Director of the University Counseling Center (UCC) is responsible for the leadership, overall administration, supervision, and coordination for planning, delivery and evaluation of mental health services for a multi-culturally diverse student body. Additionally, the Director provides oversight (planning, implementation, evaluation) of wellness and mental health outreach to other Student Affairs units, student organizations, and other interested campus constituents across the university. The UCC Director also oversees supervisory services to students through counseling, assessment and psychotherapy, medication management, consultation, outreach programming, substance abuse, crisis intervention and supervision of interns/externs. The Director works collaboratively with other University departments (e.g. Psychiatry) and colleges as well as appropriate community agencies to ensure a seamless continuum of care and focus on overall well-being of the student.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Psychiatric in Mental Health Nursing or Counselor Education and Supervision is required.
- License or license eligible in the State of Ohio by the State Board of Psychology or the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Complete Board required continuing education.
- Experience in a college counseling center or comparable professional setting is required, with a minimum of three years partial or full-time administrative duties.
- Experience in the area of administration, organization and development of counseling and mental health services and programs in a university setting is strongly desired.
- Specific experience in the development of wellness, prevention, and college age programs.
- Knowledge of student development and residence life issues.
- Experience and expertise in working with a diverse team and working with diverse student body.
- Knowledge of counseling center accreditation standards and national counseling center trends.
Communication and other skills:
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication and customer service.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship building and change management is preferred.
- Competence in Microsoft software programs and use of the internet.