Liberal Arts & Management Department – Adjunct Faculty Member to teach Organizational Change ...
Position Summary: The Liberal Arts & Management Department at Maria College invites applications for an adjunct classroom instructor in the area of Psychology to teach Organizational Change. We are looking for an exceptional educator with the ability, energy, and intellectual charisma to be a first-rate teacher.
Minimum Job Requirements: PhD in Psychology or Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology by the time of appointment is preferred; some college teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to teach Organizational Change (PSY300), with an examination of the nature, definitions, theories, and aspects of organizational culture, to help develop an understanding of the principles of organizational change theory that apply to both short- and long-term changes. Analysis covers patterns of behavior and their relationship to organizational culture, especially the impact of the organization’s business on employee behavior and culture. Topics include the role of nationality, gender, and race within organizational culture; implications of addressing organizational challenges; theory versus practice; and the relative roles of the individual, groups, and the organization in a cultural context. The goal is to apply knowledge of organizational culture to develop a change-management plan.
- Ability to teach basic and advanced concepts to students in various academic programs.
- Preference will be given to those who have prior teaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and commitment to excellence in teaching students of diverse backgrounds.
- Online teaching experience with the Blackboard LMS.
Application Review Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Electronic Application Instructions: Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application and send to [email protected] with “Organizational Change” in the subject line.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Name and contact information for three references
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
Maria College is a nonprofit, independent, coeducational institution which does not discriminate in its enrollment or employment practices for any reason including race, sex, color, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local laws and ordinances. Information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to students or prospective students with disabilities regarding Title 504 may be obtained from Kim Noakes in Accessibility Services in Mercy Hall at (518) 861-2508; information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to employees or prospective employees with disabilities regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act may be obtained from Rosalyn Vazquez, Human Resources Manager at (518) 861-2580.