Liberal Arts & Management Department – Adjunct Faculty Member to teach Introductory Statistic...
Position Summary: The Liberal Arts & Management Department at Maria College invites applications for an adjunct classroom instructor to teach Introductory Statistics. We are looking for an exceptional educator with the ability, energy, and intellectual charisma to be a first-rate teacher.
Minimum Job Requirements: A minimum of a relevant Master’s degree is required; some college teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to teach Introductory Statistics. MAT 200 is a course that focuses on descriptive statistics, frequency distributions, probability, binomial and normal distributions, statistical inference, including hypothesis testing, t test, ANOVA, linear regression, and correlation.
- Preference will be given to those who have prior teaching experience using Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and commitment to excellence in teaching students of diverse backgrounds.
Application Review Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Electronic Application Instructions: Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application and send to [email protected] with “Introduction to Statistics” in the subject line.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Name and contact information for three references
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
Maria College is a nonprofit, independent, coeducational institution which does not discriminate in its enrollment or employment practices for any reason including race, sex, color,
national origin, creed, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local laws and ordinances. Information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to students or prospective students with disabilities regarding Title 504 may be obtained from Kim Noakes in Accessibility Services in Mercy Hall at (518) 861-2508; information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to employees or prospective employees with disabilities regarding Title IX and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act may be obtained from Andrew Ledoux, Title IX Coordinator, in the Frank E. O’Brien, Jr. Student Support Center at (518) 861-2505.