Surgery-Oral-Asst. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-26
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Job Family: Clinical and Allied Health
Job Function: Clinical Services
Job Title: Faculty- Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Description (Purpose and Function):
Assistant Professor is in direct report to the Division Chief, Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine. The Physician provides patient care by interviewing and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs. The Physician educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families. This role will be responsible for the examination, diagnoses and treatment of the nerve and dental tissue that includes teeth, gums and other tissues within the mouth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote the mission of UHealth in achieving its role in providing medical education, research, and quality patient care.
• Serve in key activities for the Department of Surgery as agreed upon with the Division Chief
• This individual is responsible for clinical care in all aspects of endodontic treatment as well as working collaboratively with the rest of the general dentistry team.
• In addition, this position will require supervision of residents.
• This individual will also be responsible for pursuing protocols to fund experiments under his/her supervision
• Documents all services in patient medical records
• Comply to Departmental Policy & Procedures & Hospital Bylaws
• Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of healthcare.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Candidates will have an excellent academic record
• Recognized teaching skills and expertise in residency, fellowship and medical student training is required
• Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatments
• Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper bedside manner
• Performs in tactful and professional manner.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
The Position requires an MD, DMD or DDS degree and must have completed additional training in endodontics. Ideally, the candidate will be a board-certified endodontist. The individual must also possess a Florida Medical License and DEA certificate.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
At least 5-8 years of experience post residency.
All Applicants Must Apply OnlineThe University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.