Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-20
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The marketing manager develops and manages the day-to-day marketing activities of the school as well as long term marketing strategies, in cooperation with the Executive Director of Marketing & Communication. He/she develops marketing strategies and campaigns, identifies strengths and weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns and develops pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints. Together with the Executive Director, communicates with faculty and staff about marketing initiatives and project metrics, researches competition, as well as brainstorm and develop fresh strategies.
Activities are designed to effectively promote the overall brand of the school as well as the school’s programs, faculty, alumni and students. The individual will work with the communications and events team, students, staff, faculty, vendors and contractors as needed. The Marketing Manager will have a solid knowledge of marketing, with music background experience being strongly preferred. As needed the manager will work on the development and production of external publications and collateral materials. Under the guidance of the Executive Director of Events & Communications, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing, promotional and advertising campaigns to support the recruitment, promotion and development of the School’s initiatives, as well as managing other campaigns to support the School’s marketing strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director of Events & Communications.
Marketing & Branding:
• Ensures Frost School of Music (FSOM) branding is consistent across all marketing mediums and initiatives with direction from the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications. This may include email signatures, stationary, concert templates, brochures, business cards, advertising, and more.
• Conceptualizes new local, national and international marketing strategies to promote the FSOM, which includes partnerships, events, materials and more.
• Participates in the development of advertising messages and promotional campaigns for the organization.
• Proofreads marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling and grammar.
• Coordination and review of all new Frost School of Music department/group social media accounts for brand consistency.
• Assists various departments such as Admissions, with new marketing initiatives such as signage, booths, flyers, stamp postcards, etc.
• Main point person for these marketing requests mostly from departments, Stamps, Frost Online, admissions.
• Researches, creates and implements the FSOM ad buys strategies. Upkeeps the advertising budget and PO creations and payments for FSOM Marketing budget.
• Researches the target market of publications to create a creative ad concept. Pick out language, photos, layout examples, ad specs and work with outside entity on artwork creation. Manages faculty and staff feedback and additions as requested.
• Management of artwork tracker with deadlines and sizes
• Manages advertising requests from other departments. Serves as the lead in material collection and coordinating the creation of artwork
• Lead in updating school listings for admission from music publications
Digital Marketing, Social Media & Website SEO
• Researches, creates and implements the FSOM social media strategy and posts. This includes strategically producing, maintaining and updating content throughout all Frost social media platforms and website with the goal of creating greater amount of relevant followers with increases in engagement. This involves working closely with faculty and Frost senior management.
• Research and then develop strategic marketing campaigns across all social media platforms. This includes the design, content and maintenance of relevant content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
• Assists in the development and scheduling of the Frost School of Music email and direct mail campaigns.
• Works with FSOM video production staff to distribute and place FSOM videos on variety of external and internal channels in order to reach a greater audience of potential students, donors and alumni.
• Lead the distribution and placement of content on other websites.
• Measures marketing results against key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that efforts have generated awareness, interest, and enrollment from prospective students.
• Monitors information to assure that web sites are accurate, timely and in compliance with the needs and interests of various audiences seeking information about the school.
• Responsible for planning and budgeting all digital marketing.
• Recommend novel and creative growth strategies.
• Lead in the monitoring and responding in a timely fashion, to follower comments, direct email requests, and questions through all social media sites.
• Main point person to work with other FSOM and UM staff/faculty to hand in hand improve open communication on social and gather digital requests.
• Handles special social media requests throughout outside entities such as partner organizations or alumni, for shout outs and announcements.
• Social media committee: Coordinate monthly meetings, responsibilities, trainings, and manage all post email communications/requests/questions asked.
• Coordination of Instagram take-overs. Duties include outreach for take-overs, coordination of timing and calendar invites, monitoring take-overs at all times (including weekends) and post evaluation and debriefs.
• Point person to serve on the UM social media committee and execution of duties and post meeting to-do’s that come from UM central communications.
• Plan and execute web SEO/SEM, marketing database, research analytics, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
• Creates, manages, and measures Google AdWords search and display advertising digital marketing activities, including social media presence, display and search advertising and retargeting efforts.
Video Production for Social Media
• Assists Video Director with strategies, concepts, scheduling, and execution of FSOM produced videos for Frost social media and website.
• All FSOM videos must have a social media component for posting. Lead in coordination the social media needs, size requirements, appropriate cuts, and additional “mini” videos/promos for social media.
• Identify trends and insights of other schools/entities
• Collection of videos from outsourced partners and entities such as alumni/ground up and lead in coordination of editing for FSOM purposes.
EVENT MARKETING SUPPORT
• Works with the Director of Events and Event Marketing Specialist to jointly develop clear marketing strategies and objectives for each Frost Music Live Signature Series event.
• Conducts research on potential artists and communicates with artists and/or their management to collect their marketing materials, put in communication requests for promoting events, etc.
• When requested, attends and serves as the on-site assistant to the Director to help with all key individuals/vendors involved in his/her assigned events including, but not limited to, Winter Wonderful, donor receptions, etc. Provides support for event set up and break down including transporting materials to and from site location.
• Assist in creation and concept of marketing materials for events such as brochures, branded items, latest trends, and vendor logistics when needed
• Lead in brand marketing of the Frost Music Live Signature Series (Event Marketing Specialist, markets ticket sales, this position markets the brand Frost Music Live)
• Works with Director of Events and faculty when directed, for the promotion of corporate and non-FML events, and outside Frost events. These include Books & Books, Chopin Festival, Guitar Foundation, etc.
• Coordinates social media for anything related to events. This includes outside requests, collection of materials, concepts, and execution. This also includes the creation of social media event listings, co-hosting, selection of picture/video for use, and this week posts.
• Manages the research and creates strategies for ad buys purchases and coordinates of ad creatives for events.
• Researches competing schools with a focus on recruitment, promotion/marketing, social media, festivals/concerts for best marketing practices.
• Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
• Assists the Communications Specialist, as needed in the creation and execution of the alumni magazine Score. Duties could include hiring of writers, developing story ideas, researching alumni and faculty, coordination of printing and execution, editing, story selections, class notes, and more.
• Collector of news that comes through google alerts, social media comments, and outside entities. Then distributes the news to the correct audiences for next steps. Upkeeps news document anytime new news comes in.
• Assists with the coordination and execution of Score photo-shoots, and collection of photos and materials needed for news stories.
• Writing of news stories and blurbs when assigned.
• Once stories are created, makes sure that stories are distributed and posted on the correct channels. This includes website and UM central communication
• Acts as a point person for UM Central Communication on PR/news requests, and execution of to dos. This includes coordinating with faculty having UM attend a class, getting with UM Central to cover a story, masterclass, collect requested materials, etc.
• Lead in coordination with organization PR teams such as Frost Museum, to gather highlights and information regarding Frost news and or performances for FSOM’s use.
• Physically attend masterclasses/events as directed to cover stories, collect pictures, and video for PR purposes.
• Works jointly with Communications Specialist to collect alumni information for highlights, #FrostBuilt
Skills & Abilities:
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, music industry preferred.
• Substantial knowledge and experience in marketing (including digital), advertising, social media and SEO. Additional experience of mass communication, preferred in order to leverage a multi-pronged approach to content delivery
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal skills. Copywriting and copy-editing skills strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities required; flexibility required to change scope or shift projects as necessary
• Strong understanding of marketing tactics, particularly social media and other online advertising
• Excellent project management skills; able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and work independently
• Detail-oriented with high accuracy level, Ability to be Independent and self-motivated
• Knowledge of video production preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel; strong computer, Internet and social media skills
• Knowledgeable with Social Tables, Photoshop and InDesign software
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task high volumes of work
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing preferred, or related field.
• Music industry or academic experience preferred.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c106