Assistant AD, Events & Community Engagement
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-10
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Assistant AD, Events & Community Engagement will play a pivotal role in the Marketing, Ticket Sales, Client Experience and Event Management teams within the University of Miami Athletics Department. This hybrid role will build internal and external relationships to further extend the reach of the brand across UM’s campus and community. With an energetic and highly personalized approach, this individual will be key to driving attendance to all sporting events while having a hands-on approach to managing the operational procedures to facilitate world-class experiences for all Canes fans.
- Increase student attendance at all home sporting events by managing the relationship of the Miami Hurricanes student fan group (Category 5) and other influential campus parties.
- Lead and implement a comprehensive community relations strategy to include participation in special events and both ticketed and non-ticketed games for all UM Athletics teams.
- Manage all aspects of the athletic department football fan zone area at all departmental home games.This includes the coordination with Hurricane Sports Properties on the activation of all sponsor activations in the fan zone.
- Create programming for the South Florida community to increase engagement and involvement with UM Athletics.
- Coordinate with Assistant AD, Digital Strategy in development of student influencer program.
- Manage all game day aspects of the 50/50 raffle program including the hiring, training, and scheduling of all part-time raffle ticket sellers.
- Primary departmental liaison with student affairs, alumni relations, residence halls, Greek life, intramurals, and other university partners.
- Review departmental surveys to respond to feedback related to event experience at both games and special events.
- Work closely with the Ticket Sales & Service department to build and support strategic programs, initiatives and activations to attract new prospects and add value to existing clients.
- Manage the fulfillment of all departmental internal sponsor relationships.
- Innovate and oversee event marketing initiatives that grow the fan base and drive brand affinity.
- Proactively seek and grow relationships with local businesses, organizations, clients, partners, sponsors and/or vendors.
- Strategize, plan, manage and execute events including, but not limited to, venue selection, negotiating contracts, budget management, pre and post on-site coordination, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shown ability to multi-task and lead projects on strict deadlines from start to finish.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Work in tandem with internal and external customers (residents, civic and business leaders, volunteers) with a positive customer service attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully execute marketing plans with measurable results and have a strong understanding of event management.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing a team of full-time or student workers.
- High level of attention to detail; strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work independently.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c107