Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-22
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Marketing Specialist develops and maintains all marketing and communication programs and projects designed to effectively promote the programs and services of the department. The incumbent for this position delegates and supervises the work performed by student staff, vendors, and contractors, as well as assesses the results of all marketing efforts. An employee in this position serves as “editor in chief” for all internal and external communications and oversees the development and production of all external publications and collateral materials.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Writes or edits, direct the design of, publishes, and distributes marketing and communication materials.
2. Maintains familiarity with all departmental programs and services and updates all communication resources accordingly.
3. Serves as editor for all departmental newsletters and assumes responsibility for promoting, updating, and responding to all social media.
4. Develops the content of the department’s website and monitors information to assure the web site is accurate.
5. Develops advertising messages and promotional campaigns for the organization.
6. Creates tracking systems that evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs and projects implemented by the department.
7. Coordinates and assists with special events and community outreach projects designed to increase awareness and utilization of services.
8. Oversees the maintenance of essential resources and background files including subject and source files, photo files, and related information.
9. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
• Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:c104