Sr. Director, Multichannel Communications
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-28
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership- which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
This role requires someone who is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, storytelling, segmentation, analytics and meaningful measurement. The Director, Multichannel Communications leads a full range of editorial, communications and messaging efforts related to philanthropic and engagement initiatives at the University of Miami. Responsibilities include developing an integrated communications and digital strategy as well as writing and assigning stories for a variety of communications channels. Powerful, persuasive communications, strategically and effectively deployed across multiple channels, is particularly critical as the University embarks on an ambitious, a multi-year fundraising campaign. The ideal candidate will be deadline-oriented, with the ability to multi-tasking, adapt and continuously learn new technologies, software and content management systems.
• Play lead role in designing and executing integrated communications plans that broaden awareness of the University’s academic and research excellence and drive engagement across key stakeholder audiences.
• Develop highly creative and effective content and distribution strategies across the web, mobile, social, video, and other multimedia and print channels that entice key audiences with compelling imagery, messaging and storytelling. Work with communications officers across the University to aggregate content ideas, align messages and fully leverage, amplify and publicize curated content. Create and maintain storytelling hub.
• Establish a proactive storytelling communications style that identifies and packages philanthropic stories that support DAR priorities and achievements, reach key internal and external audiences with compelling messaging and build awareness and action among donors, alumni, parents and grateful patients.
• Maintain and oversee DAR’s digital assets, including internal and external websites and social media platforms, ensuring they remain user-focused, responsive, and easy to navigate.
• Collect and analyze information about web, digital, and social media analytics to inform strategy and content development.
• Effectively manage the work and professional development of a small team of content creators and multimedia specialists, ensuring high-quality content and production values and brand integration.
• Work collaboratively with various DAR team members to develop targeted communications products.
• Synthesize ideas and information into clear, accurate, and persuasive prose; strong writing and editing capabilities; change voice and writing styles for various authors and audiences; and adapt content for different purposes and communications channels.
Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of effective and relevant work experience required. Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered. Must have excellent command of the English language, both oral and written. Ability to write in Spanish is an asset. Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe suite required. Experience with website and social analytic tools, email marketing, project management and content management systems as well as HTML.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c109