Interventional Radiology- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-15
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Assistant Professor of Clinical – Interventional Radiology provides medical care to large array of patients by providing minimally invasive image-guided diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Assistant Professor of Clinical is focused on clinical care, research, and training of residents and fellows. As assigned by the Chairman, the faculty member will provide service at the following UM/ JMH locations: Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, UHealth Tower Hospital, Jackson Memorial Hospital, at satellite centers in Broward county (Plantation and Deerfield Beach) and the Lennar Center, which is located in Coral Gables on the University of Miami campus. In addition to these locations, the faculty member may see patients in clinic at the Professional Arts Center.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Interpret interventional radiology imaging studies and perform interventional procedures.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of new and innovative
3. Be responsible for evaluating patients both pre and post intervention and contribute to the expansion of outpatient clinics for interventional procedures
4. Supervise performance of technical personnel.
5. Evaluate and consult new referrals and follow up patients in IR clinic.
6. Exercise quality assurance as related to the practice of interventional imaging.
7. Provide interventional imaging consultation as requested.
8. Provide emergency patient care as required in the setting of an Interventional radiology practice.
9. Be part of the on-call schedule in Interventional Radiology
10. Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Chairman related to the practice of interventional imaging.
11. Participate in teaching activities related to interventional radiology as required in:
a. Residency/fellowship training programs
b. Medical student education program
c. Technological radiology educational programs
d. Continuing medical education programs
12. Serve on Departmental, University of Miami and Jackson Memorial Medical
Center committees and provide service to the same in other manners as
13. Participate in research activities as an investigator and mentor.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Medical Degree from an accredited Medical School (or foreign equivalent),
Certification and Licensing:
Florida Medical License or equivalent
American Board of Radiology Certification
Completion of an ACGME approved Fellowship Program in Vascular Interventional
All Applicants Must Apply OnlineThe University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.