Neurology-Assistant Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-10
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The incumbent will be appointed at the rank of non-tenure earning Assistant Professor Level, on the clinical educator track in the Movement Disorders Division, Department of Neurology at the University of Miami School of Medicine.
The incumbent will hold two sessions per week at the VA Neurology outpatient clinic.
The incumbent will also cover the Jackson Health System inpatient service for a period of 8 weeks per, and will provide direct patient care in the Neurology outpatient satellite clinics for five sessions per week, when not on the inpatient service.
The incumbent will participate in the education of neurology residents and fellows along with conducting research and mentoring residents/fellows with their research.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1) Care for patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings throughout UHealth
2) Train/mentor residents and fellows to increase their clinical fund of knowledge and interest/success with academic research
3) Preparation and presentation at teaching conferences
4) Obtain data and results that can be used to submit an application for future clinical research awards
Education and experience:
Requires an MD degree from a recognized accredited University (or foreign equivalent). Headache Fellowship is strongly recommended, and Neurology board certification is strongly recommended
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Good communications skills (face to face, over the phone and in writing)
• Excellent customer service skills Ability to work collaboratively with other employees.
• Good organizational skills.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Work conditions: work is normally performed in an indoor office environment. Subject to frequent interruptions.
2. Physical Activity Requirements: