Head Men's Rowing Coach, Men's Crew
Head Men's Rowing Coach, Men's Crew
Posting # 1271
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity's urgent challenges.
The Head Men's Rowing Coach is responsible for all administrative and organizational aspects of the USD Men's Rowing Program within the mission of the University and its philosophy of Intercollegiate Athletics. The head men's rowing coach will hold academic requirements and pursuits as a matter of highest priority and will actively encourage student-athletes to succeed academically and acquire a degree. The head men's rowing coach directly supervises the assistant coach, volunteer coaches and student athletes. The head coach is also responsible for budget development and administration, recruitment of student-athletes, adherence to US Rowing, Western Intercollegiate Rowing Association and University regulations in regard to recruiting, admission standards and eligibility, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, the scheduling of athletic practices and contests, and the establishment of effective media relations. The head coach will assist in sports promotional and fundraising activities and serve as a representative of the University to the outside community when appropriate. General supervision received from the Associate Director of Athletics. Provides close supervision of the assistant coaches and volunteer coaches; oversight of athletes.
1. Direct involvement with all administrative and organizational aspects of an intercollegiate athletics program under the supervision of the Associate AD.
2. Responsibility for recruiting academically and athletically qualified student-athletes for admission to the University with adherence to admissions and athletic department policies and procedures in this regard.
3. Boathouse Supervision
1. Bachelor's required.
2. At least 2 years of related experience, which could include a combination of college or high school coaching, United States Team coaching or certified rowing club experience.
1. Masters degree preferred.
2. At least 5 years of related experience, which could include a combination of college or high school coaching, United States Team coaching or certified rowing club experience.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to recruit and develop student athletes academically and athletically
2. Possess good communication and organizational skills
3. Understanding of NCAA/IRA, Conference and USD rules and regulations and academic expectation of the University
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
1. Heartsaver CPR /AED certification required. Must have this certificate within 6 weeks of employment.
2. Must pass NCAA Division I Coaches Recruiting Test, (yearly). Must complete this within 6 weeks of employment.
3. California driver's license required within 6 weeks of employment. Class B license preferred.
4. Appropriate US Coast Guard safety certification
Special Conditions of Employment:
1. Must be able to travel for extended periods of time for athletic and recruiting events.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement:
Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/493731/head-mens-rowing-coach-mens-crew to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume and cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit http://www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency