Security Operations Manager
The Princeton University Department of Public Safety (DPS) Security Operations Manager (SOM) is responsible for protection management for the Art Museum, Offsite Art Storage Facility, Firestone Library, and Satellite Branch Libraries.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Support Services within the Department of Public Safety and working closely with the Museum Director and the University Librarian, the SOM provides oversight for all aspects of cultural property protection, including staffing, scheduling, training, professional development, systems management, budgeting, and liaising with key staff across the University. The SOM assures the safety and comfort of visitors, honoring department-specific needs, cultures, and frameworks while working effectively within the Department of Public Safety.
The SOM responds to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, overseeing protection at special events and coordinating emergency response from other agencies as needed.Responsibilities
The SOM includes oversight for all aspects of cultural property protection, including staffing, scheduling, training, systems management, budgeting, and liaison with key staff throughout the University. The SOM coordinates with key staff to ensure physical security and fire code compliance meeting industry standards and legal requirements. The SOM ensures consistent communications with appropriate staff to include smooth flow of documents, reports, and related paperwork.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and professional resume to:
(1.) Layne Consultants International at: [email protected] and (2.) online at Careers at Princeton https://careers.princeton.edu/
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in security management, criminal justice, or related field. Will consider combination of college courses, military/law enforcement, and security program completion.
- Membership/participation in national protection organization IFCPP, ASIS, MASC with certification preferred – CIPM, CISS, CIPS, CPP.
- Five years of experience at the supervisory level of contract or proprietary security.
- Sound working knowledge of electronic management systems, fire detection/suppression systems, intrusion detection systems, and special asset protection systems.
- Management level experience in customer service and visitor service relations.
- Excellent communication skills - written, interpersonal and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight time restraints, working closely with other team members.
- DPS is a 24/7, 365-day operation that will require the Security Operations Manager to be on call 24 hours and work non-standard hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Clear criminal history and satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeADM, 060Standard Weekly Hours36.25Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard HoursDPS is a 24/7, 365-day operation that will require the Security Operations Manager to be on call 24 hours and work non-standard hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)YesPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredYes