Assistant Dive Coach
Macalester College, a NCAA Division III school, seeks to hire a part-time Assistant Dive Coach. This position is responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of the Diving program development, including practice and competition, recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment, coaching and teaching of student athletes, and additional duties assigned by the head coach.Responsibilities
- Practice and Competition - Assists the head coach in the organization and preparation of practices and in conducting safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies. Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Recruiting - Assists the head coach in the development and incorporation of a comprehensive recruiting plan that demonstrates successful results for the recruitment, yield, and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment. Serves as an effective recruiter for the program working within the parameters of Macalester, MIAC and NCAA rules. Recruitment strategy results in healthy roster numbers and a competitive program against scheduled opponents.
- Finance - Effectively manages and makes decisions relative to Pcard purchases and any budgetary or financial operations within the program. Oversees membership, registration and payment of individuals involved in the masters swim program. Follows all institutional protocol as it relates to business policies and ethical financial decisions.
- Travel - Assists with the arrangement and supervision of transportation, lodging and meals in connection with off-campus competition. Ensures that the team represents the college at the highest level while off-campus.
- Game Management - Assists the head coach and game management staff with the preparation and event management needs at home competitive events. Assists in the coordination of special events including recruiting, alumni, the Mac Hac, and student-athlete recognition functions.
- Ethics - Represents the college and its athletics program with honesty, integrity and sportsmanship at all times, to various institutional programs and students, parents, the general public, alumni and external agencies. Develops a positive, professional relationship with officials, league personnel, and coaching colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 1-3 Years of successful collegiate experience required, college coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in practice and training modes, competitive strategies and effective, sustained, and results oriented recruiting program. Creates a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes involved in the program.
- Effective teaching methods and excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, parents and alumni from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work within the framework of college policies, MIAC regulations, and NCAA Division III philosophy and rules.
For best consideration, please submit resume and cover letter in one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage no later than July 10, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.