Assistant Director, Student Activities
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-24
Job Description SummaryThe Assistant Director of Student Activities, reports to the Director for Student Activities, and is responsible for delivering quality co-curricular programs and services for students and leadership development programming.
The Assistant Director is responsible for all aspects of the Student Activities office, including purposeful programming meant to support the academic mission, promote student engagement, enhance the sense of community on campus, increase Saint Leo pride and student retention, further student leadership development, and advance the educational value of the student involvement experience.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Monitor, advise, and assist student organizations with membership, activity planning, and execution.
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive program of educational, social, and cultural events for the student body.
- Role model professionalism, customer service, and emotional intelligence in every interaction
- Actively advise the Campus Activities Board and serve on the SGU advisory board
- Provide leadership development and on-going workshops for student organizations and advisors.
- Coordinate large annual programs such as Fall Family Festival & Spring Fling in collaboration with CAB.
- Coordinate the annual Student Involvement Fair and other major student events.
- Promote and publicize programs, events, and services effectively.
- Manage the campus activities calendar and student involvement email account
- Coordinate, support and promote EngageLeo (attendance tracking and co-curricular involvement software)
- Assist with the facilitation of New Student Orientation/ Welcome Week.
- Work with third-party vendors and contractors regarding student activities and involvement.
- Collaborate with General Counsel’s Office on contracts, legal issues, and risk management
- In conjunction with appropriate academic departments, coordinate the Saint Leo University Radio Station
- Practice strong organizational and fiscal management skills with departmental budgets.
- Oversee use of the office and related equipment (cameras, computers, sound systems, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with other Student Affairs departments, faculty, and staff.
- Participate in University functions and committees as appropriate.
- Represent the university when appropriate in community functions.
- Position requires late night and weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Be an active, positive, achievement oriented staff member for the University, the Division of Student Affairs and Student Activities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The position requires an outgoing, charismatic personality that motivates and inspires the enrichment of the Saint Leo University community.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Student Affairs or related field.
- Knowledge of higher education goals and trends.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time, and multitask appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to function autonomously as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication in a team environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 1-3 years’ experience in Student Activities and/or programming.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and appealing co-curricular programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.