Office Administrative Associate A
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleOffice Administrative Associate ARequisition NumberSCL00226General Description
Reporting to the Manager of Research and Data, the Office Administrative Associate A provides clerical support to the Office of Institutional Advancement to assist in the development and maintenance of its donor database. Primary responsibilities include the use of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software to create and update donor records, process and acknowledge constituent gifts and payments, and extract data for various reports and communications.
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
• Maintain the donor database, primarily by updating constituent records, preparing lists for solicitations and other mailings, recording gifts, preparing donor acknowledgements, and generating reports.
• Function as backup to database supervisor for the purpose of granting staff security rights to the database.
• Globally add and import data and create new constituent, event, campaign, fund and appeal records within the database.
• Enter grant proposals and alumni memberships in the Ellucian Banner system.
• Prepare queries, exports and reports, as needed, and maintain Raiser’s Edge reports used regularly by staff.
• Create mail merge letters, envelopes and labels for mailings using both MS Office and the mail function of Raiser’s Edge.
• Process and enter donations and payments from constituents and generate receipts and donor acknowledgement letters directly from the database.
• Process and record Alumni Association and Athletic Center memberships.
• Submit daily Gift Entry Validation Reports and monthly Gift Detail Reports to the Special Projects office in order to reconcile funds received.
• Compile donor giving information for the CCP Foundation’s Annual Report.
• Serve as a resource for staff members with general questions pertaining to Raiser’s Edge and the database procedures for which they are responsible.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Provide support as needed in responding to calls received on the department’s primary telephone line and distributing mail.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High School Diploma or its equivalent is required.
• At least five (5) years of clerical work experience in an office environment is required.
• Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Effective organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with accuracy required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous clerical experience in higher education preferred.
• Experience working with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software preferred.
• Previous experience using Ellucian Banner or a similar enterprise-wide system is preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
TESTING FOR THIS POSITION:
Review of applications will commence on July 9, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankVISalary Range$16.35 - $22.51Job Posting Open Date06/12/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionClassifiedJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have five (5) years of clerical work experience in an office environment?
- * Do you have experience working with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising software?
- * Do you have previous clerical experience in higher education?
- * Do you have previous experience using Ellucian Banner, or a similar enterprise-wide system?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application