Office Manager President's Office #999602
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
The Office Manager provides essential and confidential administrative support to the President and his support staff, and plays a central role in managing the schedule, travel and correspondence of the President, as well as events hosted by the Office of the President. She/he interacts regularly with a diverse array of constituents including Regents, TSUS systems officials, alumnae, donors, vice presidents, deans, faculty, students, and various external guests and colleagues of the President. The successful candidate must work effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Considerable discretion, judgment, and diplomacy are imperative for success in the position. This position may require some late nights or weekends, and exceptional attendance and punctuality are a must.
Major Essential Job Functions:
●Willingness to take initiative and work as a key member of a fast-paced team.
●Capable of exercising a high degree of independent judgment and prioritizing work accordingly.
●Demonstrated ability in maintain confidentiality.
●Ability to manage a wide array of tasks and projects and to operate under tight timelines.
●Expert use of Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint; preferred use of Banner and Argos.
●Comfort in managing office work and activities, including confidential matters; meeting and event planning; problem solving and student staff supervision.
●Excellent organizational, writing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
●Ability to anticipate next steps and be proactive in work.
Secondary Essential Job Functions:
●Assist in the preparation of reports and correspondences to internal and external constituents, including accrediting associations and other regulatory agencies.
●Track the president’s rotation of speaking engagements to ensure efficiency in the extensive number of meetings/speeches that are performed by the President annually.
●Prepare a daily status report on ongoing projects; organize these work projects in appropriate folders, including in the President’s Signature Binder, and review daily with President to maintain an orderly flow of information.
●Schedule, prepare and distribute agendas, attend and record minutes or action items of the Executive Team meetings.
●Organize mail each day in appropriate folders and review with President.
●Schedule all of the President’s internal and external appointments; prepare daily and weekly itineraries, with appropriate follow-up.
●Track calendar schedules of the President’s direct reports for planning purposes.
●Maintain electronic and print files and records in a systematic, secure and confidential manner.
●Review and submit payment requests for all invoices and expenses initiated by the Office of the President.
●Participate in committee work as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:
5 years of related experience (minimum).
Must qualify as a Notary Public within the first six months in this classification.
●Maintain and reconcile the President’s travel and expense records; prepare the President’s monthly expense report and submit to the Travel Coordinator in Finance & Operations.
●Offers hospitality and cordial assistance to everyone visiting the Office of the President.
●Model exemplary customer service in all aspects of job performance.
●Manages the calendars of the President and Coordinates travel for the President.
●Provides accurate, effective and timely clerical support for the Office of the President.
●Coordinates, manages, and accompanies the President to meetings, speaking engagements, and social events which are attended by the President, both on and off-campus, including occasional evening and weekend events.
●Organizes and manages files in the President’s Office, including preparation of materials for the college Archives.
●Assists with the management of the electronic Board of Regents portal and serves as a liaison to system office’s Director of Administration.
●Working with the Director of Marketing maintains the President’s website.
●Organizes and manages archival files for the Board of Regents and serves as the college representative for the institutional Records Retention schedule.
●Assists the President in preparing visual materials for major presentations.
●Monitors the office budget and numerous expense accounts and participates in the budget development process.
●Hires, assigns work and supervises student workers.
●Initiates and maintains collaborative working relationships with college offices, especially with staff in the Vice Presidents’ offices and in the Development/Foundation office.
●Communicate directives on behalf of the President to direct reports.
●Performs other duties necessary for the effective functioning of the Office of the President.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with moderate noise.
LIT Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree preferred
- At least three years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous higher education experience preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$45,000-$55,000Work Hours Application Details Open Date06/25/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- * In what subject did you receive your Bachelor's degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * In what field of study did you earn a Master's degree in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in higher education?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of administrative office experience do you have?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly list your knowledge and experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2