Associate Professor of Practice or Professor of Practice in Civil Engineering
Posting InformationPosting Information Position TitleAssociate Professor of Practice or Professor of Practice in Civil EngineeringJob Posting Number202013FACJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentIngram School of EngineeringPosition Description
Texas State University will launch a new civil engineering program, focused on technology-enhanced infrastructure, in fall 2019. Currently, the program seeks to fill a non-tenure line associate professor of practice or professor of practice position to begin with the fall 2019 (preferred) or spring 2020 semester. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and teach general civil engineering courses as well as courses in their area of expertise, at the undergraduate and graduate level. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards. For more information on Texas State University’s Faculty of Practice appointments follow this link, http://policies.txstate.edu/division-policies/academic-affairs/04-01-23.html.
Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• An undergraduate or master’s degree in civil engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years recent experience in a professional practice or management capacity with at least three in a leadership or upper administrative role.
• Applicant must hold a Professional Engineer (PE) License or be able to obtain a PE License within a period of five years or demonstrate, by virtue of education and/or design experience, qualifications to teach courses that are primarily design in content.
• A master’s or doctoral level degree in civil engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• Record of teaching experience related to civil engineering.
• Experience in the application of technology to infrastructure.
• Experience with the analysis and design of infrastructure utilities.
• Experience with ABET accreditation procedures and deliverables.
• Demonstrated leadership roles in civil engineering related professional organizations.
• Record of professional publications and presentations.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25227.
To assure full consideration, please submit the following by August 1, 2019: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement that addresses all required and preferred qualifications, statement of teaching interests, and a list of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2019Open DateReview Date08/01/2019Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25227Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Required Documents
- List of References
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).