Information Technology Lab Assistant, Student Employee
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberST140190Position TitleInformation Technology Lab Assistant, Student EmployeeDepartmentInformation TechnologyDivisionInformation TechnologySalary Range - Minimum8.50 per hourFull Time / Part Time? Part TimeHours per week20Temporary? NoNumber of DaysN/A Posting Detail Information Posting Date06/25/2019Closing Date07/25/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Lab Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Katarina Winn, Lead Analyst
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist faculty and students with proper operation of lab equipment and software.
2. Communicate status of printer consumables (paper, toner, etc) to supervisor to insure an adequate on-hand supply is maintained for student use.
3. Perform general housekeeping tasks to maintain the lab’s safe and professional appearance.
4. Maintain physical and logical security of the lab.
5. Perform related other duties as assigned.
1. The hours vary between 7:30a to 10:00p Main Campus & Monday-Thursday 4:00p to 10:00p and Saturday 8:00a – 12:00p Romeoville Campus
2. Computers and Internet experience required.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students and faculty.
4. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
1. Major in Computer Information Systems
2. Required to learn application software packages and operating environments as needed.
3. Tutoring or teaching experience helpful.
4. Patience, common sense, problem solving abilities, and a willingness to accept responsibility.
• Normal office physical demands.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a cumulative GPA or 2.0 or higher?
- Are you enrolled into at least 6 credit hours at Joliet Junior College?
- Cover Letter