Assistant Dean, Continuing Education
Provide leadership and fiscally responsible management in the development and implementation of comprehensive programming which includes courses, services and other community relations sensitive products/initiatives designed to complement organizational goals, institutional advancement and community needs through non traditional and traditional educational and informational vehicles.
1. Coordinates Community Education curriculum development and administration of Community Education product lines.
2. Schedules Community Education on campus courses, and extension center and site courses in cooperation with the center/site directors.
3. Coordinates off site credit offerings with area Deans and extension directors.
4. Coordinates the development of Fall, Spring, Spring Mini semester and Summer schedules and promotional brochures in cooperation with Institutional Relations, the Department of Publications and Graphics, the Office of Instructional Planning, and the Offices of Admissions, Records, and Registration.
5. Articulates with credit departments to maximize the opportunities for bridging noncredit students to credit programs (i.e., co listing courses, student exploration introductory recruitment courses in a non threatening, no grade environment and field testing new credit program offerings).
6. Coordinates the recruitment, screening, selection, assignment, evaluation/follow up, staff development, and supervision of all Community Education Faculty for over 900 assignments annually.
7. Ensures maintenance of supplemental record management systems for Community Education Faculty related data.
8. Supervises the activities of contract personnel, classified, and hourly employees.
9. Interviews, recommends selection, and provides needed orientation or training for employees and conducts periodic employee evaluation activities.
10. Provides leadership and supervision to the directors of all high school and elementary school Extension Centers and community program sites.
11. Prepares, controls, and administers Community Education budget.
12. Directly responsible for cost effective management of Community Education product lines.
13. Initial approval for payment of Community Education invoices and vouchers.
14. Coordinates curriculum for Community Education, Children's Programming, and Older Adults Programming with Office of Curriculum and Articulation for input into college on line system and, when appropriate, for submission to Illinois Community College Board for approval.
15. Supervises and coordinates the development of and develops new course outlines for general Community Education courses with emphasis on articulated, co- listed and reimbursable programs, and ensures maintenance of record management systems for course outlines, objectives, and other related course data.
16. Resolves student related issues and complaints about Community Education and follows college guidelines and traditions in problem resolution.
17. Assists extension center and program site directors in program development and in dealing with faculty and student concerns.
18. Identifies and implements strategies and tactics directed to the general advancement of institutional stature throughout the marketplace in general which promotes utilization rates and access by district members of any Triton College curricula, programs, facilities, or services.
19. Supervises Community Education registration and billing in cooperation with the Admissions and Records, Registration, Data Processing, Staff Service/Telephone, and Bursar's Departments.
20. Supervises Community Education midterm verification process.
21. Supervises Community Education grade submission and recording
22. Coordinates room scheduling on and off campus with Office of Instructional Planning.
23. Serves in a liaison capacity with the bookstore regarding all book and material ordering.
24. Assists areas of responsibility in equipment acquisition and maintenance as necessary.
25. Assumes responsibility for planning Community Education short- and long- term goals and objectives in conjunction with institutional strategic planning.
26. Responsible for marketplace analysis and identification of planning initiatives to further develop Community Education programming.
27. Supervises the development and maintenance of telemarketing projects, publications, and news releases for Community Education, and coordinates these activities with Institutional Relations as appropriate.
28. Maintains linkages throughout college by memberships and shared planning activities to optimize institutional utilization of Community Education and its community relation resources in the advancement of institutional goals
29. Represents Community Education on Curriculum Coordinating Council and other committees relative to Community Education.
30. Participates and represents Triton Community Education Department in professional activities on the local, state, and national levels.
31. Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Education and/or Marketing), advanced degree preferred. Advanced formal and/or informal training in Adult Education, Marketing, and Business Management a plus.
Three to five years progressive managerial/administrative experience, preferably in a community college environment with an emphasis in program marketing and/or instructional delivery. Direct experience in instructional delivery and /or teaching of adults preferable.
Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to community college philosophies through either direct work experience and/or affiliations. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to adult education, lifelong learning, and community relations oriented service programming and models. Working experience with and sensitivity to a divergent mix of both socially and economically stratified markets. Experience in quantitative methodology and assessment models such as tests, measurements, survey research, market characterization, and program evaluation. Experience with and functional knowledge of graphic and written promotional vehicles and promotional strategies.
Previous experience with design, development, and delivery of both instructional vehicles and curriculum. Ability to develop, maintain, and enhance product lines through effective marketing and management initiatives. Proven experience with front line customer relations and full range customer service practices. Ability to devise and implement contemporary and innovative enrollment management, recruitment, and outreach activities related to community colleges and both general and discrete markets. Functional familiarity with fiscal and operational management within a nonprofit environment, including cost/margin analysis, resource allocation, and budget management. Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including excellent written and oral communication abilities. Automation experience with both mainframe and microcomputer management applications (familiar with process of identification and development of mainframe applications; familiar at the microcomputer level with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases) and record management systems.