Nurse Aide I Instructor (adjunct)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number:Temporary_0091135Position Title:Nurse Aide I Instructor (adjunct)Classification TitlePart Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeHourlyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:FacultyPosition Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking Nurse Aide Instructors who will be responsible for working with the program coordinator in teaching all aspects of the NA Certificate Program.Staff Required Education/Experience:Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
- Must be a registered nurse with an unencumbered license.
- Must be licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Must have at least two (2) years (4000 hours) of experience as a registered nurse in the United States.
- Must meet at least one of the following:
- Completion of a course in teaching adult,
- Experience in teaching adults, or
- Experience in supervising nurse aides.
- Has experience working in the community college system.Department:Nurse Aide/Health ProgramsWork Hours:
Max 22 hours
8am-12:30pm and/or 12:45pm-5:15pm and/or 5:30pm-10pm
Weekend hours Saturday 8am-5:15pm
or Fri/Sat 830am-1pm
North Campus in Salisbury and/or
College Station in Kannapolis
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have an unencumbered NC Registered Nurse (RN) License with a minimum of 2 years (4000 hours) of experience as a RN in the Unites States.
- * Are you a registered nurse with an unencumbered license?
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2