Human Resources Business Partner
The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community (HRIC) at the University of Denver is led by the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources and Inclusive Community who reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community is responsible for developing and delivering a broad range of services in support of the Universitys mission, vision and strategies. The Office of Human Resources and Inclusive Community is evolving from a traditional operational and service orientation into a highly effective strategic unit advancing the broader strategic aims of the University. The Office of Human Resources & Inclusive Excellence is expanding which will include recruiting for multiple new positions to join the team.
This position will provide human resources consultation and support to specific academic units and/or non-academic divisions at the University of Denver that include staffing, employee development, performance management, employee relations and compensation. This position will collaborate with the divisional leadership and HRIC in the overall strategic planning, developing and implementing human resources practices and programs that support the divisions business needs and help advance the Universitys Strategic Plan, Impact.
- Serve as liaison between the academic units and/or non-academic divisions and HRIC by consulting with and providing guidance and interpretation to divisional leadership on HR related items to talent management including workforce planning, recruiting, onboarding and other HR functions as necessary.
- Coordinate HR functions by balancing the needs of the division with the strategic goals of the institution and HRIC.
- Act as a strategic partner for the division.
- In conjunction with HRIC, provides day-to-day performance management guidance and counsel to senior leadership and other supervisors within the division to ensure consistent application of the institutions performance management guidelines.
- Provide employee relations counseling and guidance to divisional managers and employees in conjunction with central human resources partnerships
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures including the employee handbook and related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal Labor and Employment Law.
- Compile finalist and internal compensation data in coordination with the HR Compensation team to help establish competitive offers of employment for designated business unit.
- Work closely with divisional leadership, managers, supervisors, and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and employee retention.
- Work with divisional leadership to identify training needs and deliver learning programs to levels of staff within the IT division from entry level employees to executive level coaching needs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 years of experience working in a human resource generalist or human resource business partner capacity.
- Experience analyzing Human Resources trends and metrics in developing solutions, programs and policies.
- Highly proficient in use of HRIS, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field, or J.D.
- 5 plus years of experience working in a human resource generalist or human resource business partner capacity.
- Previous higher education work experience, or exposure to higher education or experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
- Certification in Human Resource Management from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Labor relations experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter addressing the following:
- Commitment to Inclusive Excellence (IE). To read more about DU's commitment to IE please follow this link: https://www.du.edu/diversity-inclusion/
- Experience, if any, in higher education or complex matrixed organization
- Experience, if any, in consulting or working as a trusted adviser
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.