#100124 Executive Assistant - Diabetes Research Center
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 06/26/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 07/08/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
The Department of Pediatrics is one of the largest departments within the School of Medicine with approximately 200 faculty, 80 post-doctoral fellows (both MDs and PhDs) along with over 300 support staff (not including hospital staff). The Department’s 16 divisions include Academic General Pediatrics, Child Development & Community Health; Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology; Cardiology; Dysmorphology; Emergency Medicine; Endocrinology; Gastroenterology; Genetics; Genome Information Sciences; Hematology/Oncology; Hospital Medicine; Host-Microbe Systems & Therapeutics, Infectious Diseases; Neonatology; Nephrology; and Respiratory Medicine.
Under the general supervision of the Pediatric Diabetes Research Center (PDRC) Director, this position coordinates the day-to-day business operations of the Center, including facilitation of contract and grant proposal submission and administration, personnel matters including faculty and staff recruitment, organization of meetings and events, fund raising/development activities support. Provide support for planning and offer recommendations/resolution to problems.
Will also facilitate completion of reports and serve as liaison on behalf of the Center Director, perform special projects, and respond to queries regarding complex issues and information. Supervises the management, maintenance, and development of the electronic filing systems, all purchasing for the lab and office, coordinates travel, and provides general office support. Provide full scope of office management and senior level support; manage workflow, calendars, and schedules. Develop and maintain tracking system for pending projects, assignments and all associated deadlines.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced organizational and project management skills. Ability to work independently, determine appropriate priorities, and complete projects accurately, efficiently, and with a high level of attention to detail, despite competing deadlines.
Superb interpersonal skills to successfully interact with variety of people, including high-level executives, civic leaders, and members of the community from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Skill in analyzing information, situations, practices, or procedures to define the problem or objective, identify relevant factors, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications.
Excellent computer skills, including at least intermediate-level ability with Microsoft Office programs. Demonstrated ability to create complex spreadsheets and Word documents.
Demonstrated experience with complex calendaring, travel, and event planning.
Proven ability to interpret and disseminate information on a wide variety of complex policies from various organizations.
Strong skill to communicate effectively, diplomatically, and professionally, both orally and in writing.
Ability to exercise political acumen and maintain strict confidentiality (in interactions with both internal and external people) concerning work-related information.
- Experience working in research laboratory and clinical settings.
- Experience in contract and grant proposal formats, preparation, submission and administration, as well as knowledge of Federal, State and private granting agency regulations.
- Experience with academic review processes to include coordination of academic review file submission, maintaining up-to-date electronic curriculum vitae, bibliography, course review materials and professional materials, ensuring all materials are in the proper format; published articles, book chapters, and abstracts.
- Knowledge of UCSD Policy and Procedures. Familiarity with UCSD systems, including IFIS, Financial Link, Marketplace, MyPayments, Travel, etc.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work regular overtime as needed.
- Reliable transportation and insurance in order to travel to meetings at Rady Children's, UCSD Medical Center (Hillcrest), or Department of Pediatrics Business office.
- Voluntary completion of identification and EPIC access badging requirements for Rady Children's Hospital.