Part-Time Simulation (SIMS) and Clinical Coordinator
The Department of Nursing at Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applicants for a position as Simulation (SIMS) and Clinical Coordinator. This individual’s primary responsibility is to serve as a simulation coordinator, assuring that all equipment is set up for course programs and the mannequins function appropriately. This person is also responsible for assisting in the establishment of clinical assignments at community agencies for all nursing students. This part-time position is scheduled for 15 hours per week working 43 weeks during the calendar year, offering a lot of flexibility.
* Support, maintain, and set up/prepare for mannequins and equipment utilized in Simulation Lab
* Provide technical support for simulation operations, including but not limited to maintenance of computerized mannequins (software and hardware), programming and setup of simulations
* Order supplies; manage inventory and storage
* Prepare documents for clinical assignments of all Traditional BSN students
* Work collaboratively with faculty, agency representatives, and other nursing school personnel to assure effective clinical education for students
* Assist the faculty in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards for the Sims Lab operation to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the lab
* Orient students and faculty to the simulation lab
* Provide feedback to improve the simulation experience
* Work cooperatively with NWU faculty and staff as a team member
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing required; Master of Science in Nursing preferred
* Experience working in simulation lab with mannequins preferred
* Experience with clinical simulation technology, audio/visual equipment, and computer applications is preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential
* Work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment
*Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, current curriculum vitae or resume, a statement of your commitment to diversity and inclusion, and the names of three professional references, and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu