Senior Account Executive
If you have experience working in education or have a background in science, business or law issues, and you have a proven track record of media relations, we'd like to meet you!
Finn Partners is currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our Higher Education practice in NYC or Washington, DC to deliver outstanding public relations and marketing communications services to colleges and universities as well as non-profit organizations and corporations that support higher education.
Candidates should have experience working in education or have a background in science, business or law issues. Additionally, candidates should have a demonstrated success in media outreach, contacts with reporters, and experience building and leading traditional and social media relations programs, along with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
We offer a people-oriented, collaborative environment and an opportunity to grow and learn from colleagues.
• Devise creative strategies to maximize traditional and digital/social media
• Secure media attention for clients
• Participate in all elements of media outreach, e.g., identifying appropriate reporters/outlets for pitching, securing placements in top-tier mainstream outlets and relevant trades developing long-term relationships with key beat reporters; swiftly capitalizing on breaking/trending news to provide expert commentary
• Develop client content, including varied media materials based on client and faculty interviews, online content and internal client materials (e.g., Q&A, interview prep materials)
• Provide clients with clear and consistent communications and provide counsel to clients.
• Deliver high-quality results that meet and exceed client goals
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor's degree
• Minimum four years’ agency experience (work on higher education-related clients a plus) or in a Communications role at a college/university or education or cause-related nonprofit
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of a range of media outlets – and depth of coverage results for major outlets. Established contacts at national media outlets preferred
• Experience creating and executing traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
• Proven project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Finn Partners is a global communications agency, made up of nine practice areas with 700+ people in 19 locations worldwide. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed here.