Part-time Faculty History Instructor
Job location: Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-06-21
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty History InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Department of Humanities is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching courses in The World in 20th Century, World History 1500 - Present, and US History 1865 - Present. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated instructor who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach assigned courses related to history
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, weekend, late starting and/or accelerated sections
- Teach at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus
- Incorporate relevant and empathetic pedagogies to the teaching and learning process
- Incorporate relevant technologies such as Blackboard into instruction
- Master’s degree in history or a closely related discipline
- Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy and mission
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- PhD in History or a related discipline
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.