Job descriptionJob Number 1906039
Closing Date: 07/05/2019
Take me to ACC's online application.
Position InformationLocationService CenterHoursMonday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. SalaryManager 4/126 ($67,901.00 - $97,003.00)FLSA StatusExemptReports ToVP, Business ServicesCriminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.General Statement of JobTo direct, plan, implement, and evaluate the annual financial reporting and audit processes including: financial statement compilation and supporting schedules, development of internal controls and procedures.Description of Duties and TasksEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Directs and manages the operation of the Cashier Offices and Bill to Pay (B2P) department; oversees and enforces internal financial controls for the enrollment process.
- Supervises and monitors the operation and business system flow for invoicing and receiving payment for tuition, fees, course materials, and other miscellaneous revenue streams ensuring the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of the College's services.
- Manages the administration of disbursements, collections, and receipt of college funds, and coordinates the payment logistics for the registration process.
- Implements the cash management programs as set out in Board policy; records investment entries to the general ledger (as applicable); updates computer schedules; reconciles accounts; processes and/or reviews invoices for payment.
- Directs and manages the accounting for the revenues of the College, which include property taxes as levied by the Board of Trustees, tuition and fees, interest, state appropriations, and other sources of revenue.
- Possesses key competencies, including conflict management, negotiation, organization and decision-making
- Prepares, reviews, and distributes daily cash balances report and other reports for internal and external use.
- Prepares the TPEG set aside calculation each semester and makes appropriate recording entries.
- Assists students with special payment problems. Reviews uncollectible accounts and records as bad debt.
- Processes all commerce transactions, manages merchant services, data security awareness, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance, and working capital.
- Liaises with banking partners, eCommerce, merchant service, and point of sale vendors to maintain successful working relationships.
Directs and reviews financial reporting processes; prepares annual financial reports (e.g. balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, ad hoc reports, and other financial statements) for audit and public distribution.
- Analyzes and reports the results of operations for incorporation into the audited Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Manages month and year-end close.
- Directs annual external audit activities and works closely with the internal and external auditors about all audit matters.
- Records bond issue transactions, ensures compliance with the bond indenture and reports the annual bond statistics to external governing bodies.
- Implements and maintains a system for accurate tracking, reporting, controlling, and safeguarding of the Austin Community College (ACC) District's capital fixed assets.
- Responsible for all general ledger account reconciliations; month and year-end accruals cash management; fixed assets; construction and building property accounting; and the management of the College's grant accounts.
- Prepares or reviews,and approves standard and ad hoc journal entries by staff.
- Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and guidelines for recording financial information and improving accounting processes that comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Coordinates with staff and other departments regarding efficient, accurate processing of data and resolution of problems.
- Reviews general ledger accounts for accuracy to facilitate year-end audit activities; prepares audit schedules at fiscal year-end.
- Develops and administers the systems of financial accounting and reporting to ensure accurate recording and reporting of the College's transactions.
- Manages the accounting staff and oversees the accounting functions. Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and disciplines assigned personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised.
- Prepares and promptly submits reports based on statistical and financial information as required by federal and state agencies, business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Researches tax issues and supports departments by responding to tax-related questions, processing tax payments, communicating current guidelines, and preparing reports.
- Creates and maintains process flow documentation and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Assists in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Recommends benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance (e.g. Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics).
- Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO) and other IT staff to identify and recommend improvements to ensure the integrity of the accounting system.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law. DisclaimerThe above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.