Accreditation & Regulatory Spec/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleAccreditation & Regulatory Spec/UKHCRequisition NumberRE18957Working TitleAccreditation and Regulatory SpecialistDepartment NameH4018: CH/GS Hospital AdministrationWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level12Salary Range$61,630-100,485/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Licensed NursePhysical Requirements
Intermittently sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time, occasional standing or walking with objects up to 10 lbs, occasional job-related travel (less than 10% of the time).Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PMJob Summary
UK Healthcare is seeking an Accreditation and Regulatory Specialist to identify, facilitate, and/or support compliance improvement initiatives as well as organize and maintain continuous readiness process for assigned areas. The selected applicant will co-lead the Accreditation Management team and act as an organizational liaison to external regulatory and accrediting bodies. This position will require an organizational approach to continuous compliance, as well as interpreting laws, statutes, and regulations, while advising hospital and medical staff leaders and regular reporting to leadership groups.
Strong communication, organizational and time management skills, as well as critical thinking will be required of the selected applicant.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast-paced environment are needed, as well as knowledge of healthcare accreditation and regulations. This position requires self-direction, commitment, collaboration, and leadership.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Two years experience in a healthcare setting and/or regulatory oversight.Deadline to Apply07/07/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed as a nurse in the state of Kentucky, or eligible to obtain this license by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your years of experience in ensuring an organization meets accreditation and regulatory standards?
- More than 0 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Briefly describe your accreditation and regulatory standard experience in a healthcare setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter