Advancement Marketing Manager
Position DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberS00285PPosition TitleAdvancement Marketing ManagerDepartmentComm & Mktg - Marketing and EngagementPosition StatusFull-TimePosition TypeRegularMonths per Year12 MonthsWork hoursStart Date (For temporary positions only)End Date (For temporary positions only)Position Band/Level140 = AP28Pay RangeCommensurate with experienceWill Letters of Recommendation be required from references?No Ad Text Job Summary
Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York, seeks applicants for the position of Advancement Marketing Manager, a member of the Marketing and Engagement Team in the Office of Communications and Marketing. This position provides marketing strategy and project management for Skidmore College, with an emphasis on the Office of Advancement’s work with Skidmore alumni and donors. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Engagement, the Advancement Marketing Manager focuses on planning and prioritizing the Office of Communications and Marketing’s involvement and support for fundraising, stewardship, events, donor relations, and alumni relations, along with elements of the Career Development Center’s work with alumni for networking and professional pursuits. As a member of the Communications and Marketing staff, the person in this role is closely involved in broader Communications and Marketing initiatives, in which the person identifies and utilizes opportunities to weave in alumni and donor engagement efforts, and advises the Office of Advancement.
About Saratoga Springs
Located 30 miles north of Albany, New York State’s capital, Saratoga Springs
is one of the most interesting and vibrant small cities in the U.S. The city’s dynamic downtown area—just a short walk from Skidmore—is brimming with galleries, clubs, museums, shops, coffee houses and restaurants.
Famed for its mineral waters, Revolutionary War battlefield, and the nation’s
oldest thoroughbred racetrack, Saratoga Springs is equally renowned as an arts and cultural destination. The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is summer home to the New York City Ballet, Philadelphia Orchestra and is a performing venue for top rock and jazz musicians.
Saratoga’s location near the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains puts an
abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities within an hour’s drive.
Boston, New York City, and Montreal are each approximately 180 miles from
BA/BS in communications, marketing or related field of study and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar or closely related capacity. Strong understanding and first-hand experience with developing persuasive messages, communications and printed material that motivate interest and action from donors and other affiliate groups. Proven strategist and project manager of multi-faceted, high-paced projects and campaigns within the context of development functions at a college or university or comparable organization. Ability to occasionally work on campus or remotely during evenings and weekends. Ability to occasionally travel for College business and professional development.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience collaborating with teams of creative contributors, such as designers, photographers and copy editors.
- Track record of effective project management oversight and management of project management systems and processes.
- Experience with or willingness to learn project management software, such as Trello or Slack.
- Command of written language across print, digital and multimedia platforms.
- Experience writing persuasive copy and messages for diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Eye for accuracy, detail and proofing.
- Technological acumen to learn and use new systems and software.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to interpret data and metrics.Physical Demands (For Union Positions Only)EEO Statement
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following documents: cover letter, resume and list of three references to include name, title, company, email address and telephone number of three professional references.
All documents must be attached through the application system. If you encounter difficulty, please contact Human Resources at: [email protected] or 518 580.5800Posting Information Posting Date06/21/2019Open Until FilledClosing DateQuicklink for Postinghttp://careers.skidmore.edu/postings/3330Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first learn about this position?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Inside Higher Education
- New York State Department of Labor
- Saratoga Chamber of Commerce
- Scholarly Hires
- Skidmore Website
- Times Union
- Career Fair
- Invited by Department to Apply
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by Skidmore Employee
- * Do you have a BA/BS in communications, marketing or related field of study?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
- Additional Materials
- Writing Sample