Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number STA002401 Classification Title Administrative Assistant Working Title Location Statesboro Campus Department 3900120801 - Philosophy & Religious Studies Position Status Full-Time Position Summary
Philosophy & Religious Studies. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Chair, faculty, and staff members of the department.
•Coordinates departmental budget including preparation of forms, processing, auditing and purchasing.
•Performs administrative duties to include ordering supplies, recording and editing departmental meetings, scheduling events and coordinating travel arrangements.
•Responds to and routes incoming departmental telephone calls, incoming and outgoing mail, schedules appointments and travel requests.
•Hires student employees and supervises work assignments on a daily basis.
•Provides customer service while maintaining confidentiality.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma or equivalent; three of more months of post-secondary educationCould a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education? Yes Minimum Experience Required
Three or more years of related work experienceCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience? No Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employmentPreferred Education Preferred Experience
Previous experience editing web pages; previous experience creating promotional materials and postersSalary Range Commensurate with experience Job Open Date 06/21/2019 Job Closing Date 07/05/2019 Special Instructions Summary Quicklink for Posting http://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59828 Required Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Do you have three or more months of post secondary education?
- * If you answered "No" to the previous question, do you have four or more years of related work experience
- Answered "Yes" to the previous question
- * Do you have three or more years of related experience?
- * Do you have the ability to use PC computers and effectively utilize Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?