Equipment Manager - NCCU/ NICR
At Stony Brook Medicine, the Equipment Manager - Neuro Critical care Unit/ Neuro ICR provides daily oversight of the environment of care and maintains equipment and inventory.
Duties in may include the following but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the daily oversight of the environment of care in the Neuro Critical Care/ Neuro ICR (8W) department including, equipment maintenance and repair, and proper stocking of all patient treatment areas
- Responsible for inventory management of the Neuro Critical Care equipment and supplies including - Ordering, stocking and distributing supplies, and Maintaining inventory and PAR levels of unit specific equipment
- Maintains equipment is operational by monitoring expiration dates, keeping concise records of equipment and cleaning of equipment
- Maintains a Safe Patient Environment including reporting damaged and/or non- functioning equipment to unit leadership, keeping hallways free from clutter, assisting in maintaining the units compliance with fire safety standards, and assisting with the maintenance of specific unit equipment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment including preparing room for admission (equipment needs), preparing room for housekeeping after a discharge (removing of equipment)
- Act as liaison to other departments (CSS, Distribution, Lawson,) as it relates to unit specific equipment
- Coordinates returning dirty supplies to Central Sterile Support that require sterilization, assuring return and availability
- Pick up Procedural supplies from various hospital locations as needed.
- Assist in daily cleaning, and storing of equipment when not in use.
- Reviews and makes the appropriate recommendations in reference to all new supplies and equipment for the unit.
- Contributes to a harmonius work environment with positive interactions with staff, patients and family in order to improve patient care and increase patient satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains a good professional rapport with the medical staff, nurses, and staff of patient care areas and all other applicable departments and units.
Required Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Capable of assessing, ordering and maintaining inventory levels. Must be proficient in ordering supplies via Lawson. Three years' experience in a hospital environment. Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiar with Joint Commission and DOH regulations as it relates to cleaning and maintenance of unit-specific equipment. Good verbal and written communication.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Shift: Day Shift
Posting Start Date: Jun 21, 2019
Posting End Date: Jul 5, 2019, 10:59:00 PM