Green Business Certification Supervisor (Short-Term/Temporary Position)
Job Description Summary
Under minimal supervision, oversee program development and capacity building of a green business certification program and implement direct support to businesses in the certification process.
Position will continue to implement the Green Business Certification program as defined in the grant-contract awarded by the CA Green Business Network, and oversee outreach and capacity building, and assist with program development for the education component of the Sustainability Resource Center.
- Knowledge of California Green Business Certification standards and practices;
- Experience completing comprehensive Green Business Certification audits;
- Knowledge of and experience using GreenBizTracker, California's green business certification software;
- Experience assisting business complete and pass a Green Business Certification audit;
- Knowledge of local entities and agencies associated with the green business audit process;
- Experience with outreach and promotion of a service-related program as well as developing partnerships and support network.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with program partners, sponsors, local businesses;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of all those encountered in this position.
This position collaborates closely with the SLO Green Business Program Steering Committee.
This is a short-term position.
Selected applicants will be contact for an interview.