Job Title: Administrator I
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13745
Job Code: 3318 Administrator I
Job Grade: Range A
Department: Research & Sponsored Programs
This position manages the development and internal approval of research and special project proposals and contracts for submission to federal, state and private funding sources. Individuals in this position provide expert advice on agency, institutional and governmental proposal compliance to university faculty and staff Principal Investigators as assigned.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive benefits package which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 12+ paid holidays; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Anticipated Salary Range - $65,000 - $69,000var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Major duties of the job include:
- Managing the planning and development of grant or contract supported projects and programsProviding guidance in the review and interpretation of opportunity announcement documentsSearching for appropriate funding sourcesCollaborating in the development of budgets and budget narratives sufficient to support project or program activities and consistent with applicable requirementsWorking cooperatively with supervisors Fresno State Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) personnel, various university staff and faculty, and funding agenciesPreparing and submitting timely routing documentation for internal proposal submission approvalsSubmitting proposalsDrafting, writing and/or editing proposal documentsConducting workshops for facultyTravelling as needed to participate in professional development and to represent ORSP, and related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of the budgeting process and institutional planningEvidence of leadership skills.Evidence of welldeveloped technical writing and editing skills (Writing samples required of finalists).Well developed speaking and communication skills.Strong initiative, exemplary work habits, and ability to work well in a team setting.Ability to interact cooperatively with diverse groups and individuals to encourage proposal development.Well developed computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, pdf document management systems, use of mobile devices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to initiate and manage multiple tasks and projects under competing deadlines and maintain flexibility in response to constantly shifting priorities.
- Collaborate with others to help advance the goals of the department and university; show courtesy and respect towards others and promote a positive and service oriented collegial work environment. Exceptional critical thinking skills demonstrated by the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and facilitate resolution of difficult challenges, including the ability to handle issues of complex and extreme sensitivity.Ability to serve as a resource and liaison in responding to inquiries and providing detailed information concerning program policies and guidelines.Ability to develop, analyze and evaluate program information and provide data for review in developing and implementing strategies to enhance processes and meet programmatic goals.Ability and willingness to travel overnight as needed to conduct university business.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or college. Two years of professional experience in grant writing or related experience.Valid Driver’s License
- Graduate degree from a regionally accredited university or college. CRA (Certified Research Administrator) Certification.Two or more years of professional experience at a CSU campus or comparable university.Successful professional experience working in a sponsored programs environment.Ability to facilitate the development of grant proposals.General familiarity with federal, state and other funding sources for research and special projects.Experience working as a team member to develop successful grant and contract proposals (federal, state, private).Significant work experience on projects supported by federal, state, or private grants or contracts.First hand, professional experience and understanding of project compliance issues in state, federal, and private projects.Experience with industry, state, and local contracts.Availability to assume responsibilities on or before August 15, 2019.
Applications received by July 7, 2019 will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the hiring manager and/or search committee.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$4','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$4');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit an on-line application and attach the following supporting documents: 1) resume, 2) letter of interest which includes a narrative detailing how the candidate fulfills each of the required and preferred items listed under Qualifications, and 3) names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references who can provide current assessments of the candidate's qualifications for the position.
Pursuant to Executive Order 883, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
This is a full-time management position covered by the California State University Management Personnel Plan. Under this plan, employees are subject to management reviews and serve at the pleasure of the University President of that campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.