Performs administrative and office support to the Facilities Management & Planning Department. Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, and scheduling meetings. Advanced computer and software skills are required, and strong communication skills are necessary along with good knowledge of secretarial procedures.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Provides public relations support both oral and written, by interfacing with key constituent groups, including Board of Trustees, Staff, Students, Parents, and External Community.
- Answers main office phones serves as a reception for guests to the office and/or university in general. Monitors, analyzes, and resolves incoming complaints from students, parents, staff, and faculty.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in scheduling appointments for Facilities Management, City officials, Board members, and consultants.
- Reads and responds to email according to priority using judgment and confidentiality.
- Plan and coordinate luncheons seminars associated with projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence.
- Ability to write agendas and business correspondence.
- Strong speaking skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively in situations that are politically sensitive, emotional and sometimes adversarial.
- Ability to screen sales calls.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages with ease.
- Ability to deal and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and non-standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a high volume of work.
- 10-Key, Computer skills & proficient in Microsoft Office Software, Scheduling software, Excellent communication, listening, and judgment skills.
- Written and verbal, prioritizing, research capability.
- Customer service focused, professional, mature, discreet, responsible, dependable, organized.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of administrative support of scheduling experience.
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured under the University of Denver policy.
- Associates degree or experience with Architecture, Engineering and Construction management
- 5 years' experience
- Knowledge of 25Live scheduling
The employee works in a standard office and reception environment. Unexpected interruptions occur often, and the stress level is moderate. Multi-tasking ability. Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate all equipment within an office environment and to communicate effectively verbally with customers and employees of the University. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office with the capability of transporting objects up to 10 pounds. Requires close, distance, depth and peripheral vision as well as the ability to adjust focus. Ability to drive to pick up office supplies.
- Part-time, varied M-F
The pay range for this position is $15.32-$16.00 hourly
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) June 27, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume and application
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background and MVR check.