Vice President for Accreditation Relations
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is seeking a Vice President for Accreditation Relations dedicated to advancing the quality of higher education.
HLC is a membership organization that serves as the regional accreditor for 19 states and sovereign U.S. tribal nations, accrediting approximately 1,000 institutions. Eight vice presidents act as institutional liaisons, managing accreditation processes and relationships with institutions.
Through their work, the vice presidents become deeply familiar with their assigned institutions and acquire significant knowledge of HLC’s entire membership. The position thus offers an unusual base from which to experience the full diversity of American higher education; to grasp the emerging trends and innovations in higher education; and to address the challenges and opportunities of quality assurance, continuous improvement, transparency to the public, and the values of voluntary, peer-reviewed self-regulation.
The vice presidents participate in the shaping, evaluation and improvement of HLC policy and practice and contribute to the conduct of HLC services such as the provision of presentations and workshops. They contribute significantly to the advancement of HLC’s strategic plan.
Qualifications and desired attributes include:
- Significant work experience in higher education in a position of major responsibility, preferably at both faculty and administrative levels
- Broad familiarity with higher education in the United States
- Credentials and capacity to represent HLC with credibility
- Capacity for holistic, complex judgments; analysis; problem solving; and translation of policy into practice
- Capacity to work collaboratively
- Ability to act as both guide and evaluator
- Ability to handle a sizeable caseload of institutions, to manage the detail of multiple simultaneous activities, to share the setting of policy and practice with colleagues, and to work in a team framework for carrying out the various processes and programs of HLC
- Willingness to travel as needed
- High communication skills and inclination
- Doctoral degree
- Candidates with significant experience in varying institutional settings are encouraged to apply.
Review of nominations and applications will commence August 2nd, 2019. Nominations and applications may be sent by e-mail to [email protected] Electronic submissions in one PDF file are preferred. No calls, please. Applications should include a letter of interest and a current résumé. A detailed position description can be found at hlcommission.org.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is the largest regional accrediting agency in the United States. HLC has approximately 60 employees. HLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Vice President for Accreditation Relations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly