Communications Technology Administrator (Web Developer I)
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-03
JOB TITLECommunications Technology Administrator (Web Developer I)LOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEAdvancement Information TechnologyDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYReporting to the Director of Advancement Technology and working closely with the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Operations, the Communications Technology Adminstrator is responsible for the administration and support of technologies that integrate communications processes and deliverables across the Division
WPI Advancement has recently invested in a number of communications technologies, including Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud, FormAssembly, and Graduway to help enable and drive deep value for internal and external clients. The Communications Technology Specialist is charged with helping to ensure these technologies are understood, well integrated and widely adopted within the departments of Alumni Relations, Annual Giving and Events & Communications, as well as across the division.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Serve as administrator and trainer for externally facing platforms, Web sites and applications (Marketing Cloud, FormAssembly, Causeview Impact Forms, Graduway)
- Serve as developer for sites, applications and forms (Salesforce, MarketingCloud, FormAssembly, etc.), including:
- Determining technical requirements
- Designing layouts
- Building Data Integrations
- Updating Sites and Applications
- Training Users
- Serve as the primary architect for all external e-communications templates in coordination with Events and Communications team, the Office of Lifetime Engagement, and other Advancement departments.
- Define and document standard operating procedures related to communications technology usage.
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Web development or marketing\communications technology; in higher education a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate system issues and support day-to-day operational requests.
- Knowledge of FormAssembly, MarketingCloud or Salesforce is a plus
- Knowledge of XML, AMPScript and SQL a plus
- Self-motivated with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team